The Network, operated by Arizona Health-e Connection (AzHeC), provides secure access to patient health information as well as the secure exchange of patient health information between the Network and its participating organizations and providers. Through the secure sharing of health information among authorized participants, the Network is enabling Arizona’s health care communities to improve health care coordination, quality and safety, and to reduce costs.
The Network is Arizona’s largest and only statewide health information organization (HIO) and its participants include:
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) – including behavioral and crisis health networks and long-term care facilities.
- Behavioral Health Providers – including behavioral and crisis health networks and long-term care facilities;
- FQHC’s & Community Health Centers & Providers – including solo and group practices, clinics and community health centers;
- Health Plans – including all Medicaid (AHCCCS) plans;
- Hospitals & Health Systems – from the state’s largest hospitals and health systems to critical access hospitals and rural hospitals;
- Reference Labs & Imaging Centers – including the state’s two largest reference labs;
- State & Local Government – including state and county government, correctional facilities and first responders;